Because I’ve been a trial lawyer, a transactional attorney, and an in-house counsel, I offer a unique, broad-based perspective that helps my clients resolve their legal issues effectively and efficiently.
We provide our clients a practical, business perspective to help develop, manage, buy, sell, and refinance real estate. With experience ranging from raw land purchases to the sale of existing commercial properties to property management and common-interest communities, we help a wide range of clients achieve their goals quickly and efficiently.
As former in-house lawyers for publicly-traded companies, we provide a sophisticated business perspective, efficient problem-solving, and proactive risk management, all at a reasonable cost. We handle your legal issues, so you can do what you do best: run your business.
We have extensive experience in all aspects of employment law. And, we are approachable. We make ourselves available for regular consultations, which helps our clients recognize and avoid potential problems before they occur. When problems do arise, we use our experience and bottom-line, business perspective to efficiently resolve disputes and minimize business disruptions. We help our clients stay current on evolving issues in the employment law arena and avoid the legal pitfalls, so that they can focus on their business.
As NCDRC Certified Superior Court Mediators, we help parties resolve their disputes with creative, mutually-acceptable solutions so they can avoid expensive legal fees and uncertain court outcomes and get on with their lives.
HOAs and Condo Associations
HOAs and condo associations are often confronted with complex issues and limited legal budgets. At Woodward & Woodward, we help our clients achieve goals and resolve disputes with smart, common sense advice and solutions. From drafting the initial declaration to lien assessment and foreclosure, we can help condos and HOAs exercise their rights, protect their interests, and preserve their communities.
Areas of Expertise – Danae Woodward
- Employment & Independent Contractor Agreements
- Executive Compensation Agreements and Offer Letters
- Employment Handbooks
- Noncompetition Agreements
- Retention and Bonus Agreements
- FLSA and Wage and Hour Compliance
- Employment Law Training
- Drug Testing and Substance Abuse Law
- Workplace Violence Issues
- Conducting Internal Audits and Investigations
- EEOC Charges and Governmental Investigations
- Wrongful Termination, Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace
- Severance Agreements
- Leave of Absence, ADA, and FMLA compliance
- Mediations (NCDRC Certified Superior Court Mediator)
- Employee Privacy Issues
- Public Sector Employment Issues
- Outside General Counsel
Areas of Expertise – Russell Woodward
- Commercial Real Estate
- Business and Contract Disputes
- Multifamily Apartment Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Landlord Tenant Matters
- Contract Negotiation
- Joint Ventures
- Land Acquisition
- Property Management
- HOAs and Condo Associations
- Commercial Litigation
- Outside General Counsel
- Employment Law
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Litigation Management